Port of Burgas is the biggest port in Bulgaria – it is divided into 4 terminals. It is built on 18 may 1903 and since this moment the port is considered as open for commercial shipping.
Burgas airport has the fourth runway length on the Balkans (3200 m) after Athens Airport, Sofia Airport and Belgrade Airport. The airport has also well established links to intermodal transport by land (road and railway) and sea.
The Lighthouse in Burgas is the first Bulgarian port lighthouse, lit at the end of the 19th century, which has been leading the ships on their journeys. According to legend, the lighthouse must be protected, or bad things will befall the city. That is why public access is limited. It can be seen from the Central Beach and the Pier.
The main bus station of Burgas is the “South” bus station which is Conveniently located directly adjacent to the railway station on Garov Ploshtad Sq. and within easy walking reach of the docks as well as the city centre.
On the coast of the Black Sea, Burgas is an upcoming tourist destination. The central railway station and it is at the heart of the city and links you to all the main beaches and resorts.
The Bus station (West) services the county routes and Burgas villages: Ravadinovo, Malko Tarnovo, Zvezdets, Gramatikovo, etc. Also buses to most central Bulgarian cities and towns leave from here: Veliko Turnovo, Stara Zagora, Plovdiv, Haskovo etc. Tickets are purchased at the adjacent ticket office. Currently there is a huge reconstruction which will turn the small old-fashioned building into a highly modern bus station.